Home of the web’s best political conversation
On A Night Like This, why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.
If you’re a lurker, I Want You, to delurk.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant link)
- Britain has very little to fear from the ECHR. So why are so many Tories so afraid of it?
- Without older voters the Greens have little hope. Are the Greens set to become the latest party of significance? Their lack of support among older voters is pegging them at 5 per cent.
- Something amazing has happened to the Labour Party
- Lib Dem report calls for party to restore activist morale. The report said the Liberal Democrats made a mistake by placing themselves ‘as the direct opponents to Ukip’
- Your problem Prime Minister, is blowing in the wind.
- Could Ed Miliband’s Wife Turn Out To Be His ‘Secret Weapon’?
- Benefit sanctions hit most vulnerable people the hardest, report says. Claimants not told about hardship system and sanctions imposed when they were not at fault, DWP study finds
- Israel has discovered that it’s no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media. All you now need is a mobile phone and a Twitter account to hold power to account, and help change history
- EU free movement rules being exploited by drugs runners and human traffickers, says Government study
- Whitehall review into freedom of movement lands blow to Eurosceptics aiming to make radical changes to migration rules
- Bill Clinton accused of having a busty blonde mistress code-named ‘Energizer’ by his Secret Service detail who hide the woman from Hillary
- Selina Scott to decide whether to stand as an MP in next 48 hours
- 58% of British people who are very interested in cricket say that Alastair Cook should resign as England captain
- MH17: five of the most bizarre conspiracy theories. From Zionist plots to the Illuminati, some wildly imaginative alternatives are being promoted by the likes of Russian TV
- Thomas the Tank Engine had to shut the hell up to save children everywhere. Classism, sexism, anti-environmentalism bordering on racism: any parent who discovered these hidden lessons will be glad the show’s star just quit
- Today is the 716th anniversary of the Battle of Falkirk, when Edward Longshanks went all Malleus Scotorum forcing William Wallace to resign as Guardian of Scotland.